Air Permit Requirements
- Increased market demand required a Georgia foundry to increase production by 50% within two months time.
- Air Permit requirements limited carbon monoxide emissions
- A production increase would exceed permit limits causing a violation.
- Could the facility buy and install a pollution control device in two months to meet the customers supply demands?
- PI Elements, Inc. was able to locate a used regenerative thermal oxidation (RTO) system with the required flow capacity.
- The RTO was shipped from the Northeast and refurbished on site.
- PI Elements, Inc. designed and built a baghouse for installation in front of the RTO to prevent the particulate generated in the sand molding process from plugging the RTO ceramic bed.
- PI Elements, Inc. worked with the facility to permit the “new” RTO.
- PI Elements, Inc. utilized an alliance contractor to pour the foundations, install the RTO and baghouse, and run ductwork from the process.
- Installation was completed within 35 days from notice to proceed.