- A nationally know forest products company is exceeding particulate emission limits in the causticizing area of the mill.
- The existing cartridge filter house has failed due to overheating and particulate blinding.
- PI Elements, Inc. proposes a hot cyclone prior to the bag filter to eliminate large particles of hot lime from entering the baghouse.
- The new baghouse must be installed in the same location as the existing cartridge filter.
- The installation must be done during a 10 day shutdown.
- PI Elements, Inc. designs a hot cyclone/baghouse system for the application.
- PI Elements, Inc. reviews all sources of particulate and designs a capture system to ensure all particulate is collected.
- PI Elements, Inc. evaluates how to install the new cyclone/baghouse system to meet the installation schedule of the mill.
- PI Elements, Inc. designs baghouse so that all the bags can be removed and replaced in one action, minimizing downtime.
- PI Elements, Inc. installs the cyclone/baghouse system in cooperation with the mill.